We're glad you're here. A library card is one of the smartest cards in your wallet! Library cards for West Point Public Library are issued free of charge to any resident of West Point, Lee County, or the State of Iowa.
How to get your library card:
- Complete the Library Card Application
- Provide a valid State of Iowa issued photo ID with a current physical address
- If photo ID does not have a current address, provide one additional form of identification. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Lease agreement
- Vehicle registration
- Utility bill
- Any legal document with a current address
- Applicants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to apply for a library card
- Children 12 or over not accompanied by a parent needs to have photo identification and proof of current residential address
- New cards are issued on a probational status for a period of three months. Probational status allows checking out five items (books, magazines, audiobooks, etc.) with no more than two DVDs.
- Library cards expire one (1) year from the date of issuance and must be renewed to remain active
Use your Library Card Online
- After 24 hours, your new card can be used to access our online resources and services.
- Online resources and services include:
- BrainFuse HelpNow
- BrainFuse JobNow/VetNow
- Bridges Downloadable ebooks and audiobooks
- Foundation Directory Online
- Please allow 24-48 hours for your library card to be recognized in our system. These third-party systems are not housed under the West Point Public Library administration and may take up to 48 hours to update.
*The West Point Public Library is funded through city property tax dollars.